Environment, social and governance
Akina constantly strives to be a responsible corporate citizen and to consider the needs of the environment and society in its business dealings. As a consequence, Akina believes that the behaviour of its partners and performance of investment portfolios must take into account environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) issues. Akina acts in the best long-term interest of its more than 100 clients and their ultimate beneficiaries, while disseminating the principals of ESG investing with fund managers and investee companies alike. As a signatory of the Principles for Responsible Investing (PRI), Akina benefits from a best practice framework for evaluating and improving related measures. In addition, Akina developed its dedicated ESG policy which is built on the pillars and guidelines outlined below.
- Akina actively engages in efforts to conserve resources, protect the environment and reduce its environmental impact.
- Akina encourages its investment companies to adhere to their industry’s environmental protection regulations in their sourcing, manufacturing and distribution processes.
Socially responsible investment (SRI)
Akina’s mission is to create sustainable returns by deploying our expertise in specialised market segments. Insight, creativity and a prudent approach to risk are important characteristics of Akina’s investment approach. Akina aims to create value while acting responsibly and ethically:
- Akina will not engage in activities that could in any way damage the image of the company or any of its stakeholders.
- Wherever possible, Akina aims to promote socially responsible investment among the investors in funds advised by Akina. It will also counsel fund managers and companies it invests in with regards to SRI guidelines, which can include, but are not limited to, investment restrictions for certain industrial and service sectors.
- Akina believes that financial performance can be positively influenced by the implementation of SRI principals.
- Akina promotes the sustainability of its human capital and considers diversity a competitive advantage to be promoted.
Akina believes that high ethical standards are essential not only to the success of the company but to maintain the confidence of its stakeholders.
- Akina is an active owner of its portfolio companies through participation in management and board memberships.
- Akina is an active advisor in its fund investments through participation in Advisory Boards and Annual General Meetings.
- Akina constantly seeks to employ best practice and has a particular focus on ensuring avoidance of any conflicts of interest, or even the appearance of any conflicts of interest, between representatives of Akina and its stakeholders. In order to achieve this goal, Akina has adopted a Code of Ethics as well as a Code of Conduct.
- Akina makes all efforts to adhere in the strictest possible way to Anti Money Laundering laws.